[Webteam] Re: Squeakfoundation.org Image issue

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Oct 31 22:50:15 UTC 2006

Let's take a step back, I think we are confusing the issue.

Fundamentally all this is needed is for the Squeakfoundation site to be
accessible from

http://www.squeak.org:7780/

without any further path information like /seaside/SqF/.

I can take care of the rest.

Jason:  Either you or whoever put together the original image for
www.squeak.org did just this.  Although I don't suppose you were using
Pier in which case maybe this is not exactly the same thing but I should
think it is very similar since Pier is built on Seaside (isn't it?).

Well there is one other thing:

There is no reason for Pier/Seaside to be generating full canonical URLs
for it's internal links like

http://www.squeak.org:7780/seaside/SqF/Donate?...

instead it should simply be filling into the href field

/seaside/SqF/Donate?...

or better yet once we convince it that it's based at '/'

/Donate?...

On the other hand, if we can simply convince it that it's hostname and
port are www.squeakfoundation.org and 80 then maybe it won't matter.

Ken