[Webteam] Welcome section of Front Page prior to 14Jan2007

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Jan 15 07:22:37 UTC 2007

Hi Brad and all!

Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > Hi Brad and all!
> >
> > Sorry I haven't been able to participate in all this - been ill, and
> > Maya too (light phneumonia) so I have been mostly offline.
> >
> > Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
> >> <h1>Welcome!</h1>
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > I wrote that text and the intent was to make it "packed" with Good Info,
> > still quite short and mainly attract developers, typically from other
> > similar camps like Python etc. At the time there were lots of voices
> > about what to include on the front page (like a reference to Seaside for
> > example) and so on.
>
> Yes, I think it is packed with great info and we should use it.
> Hopefully someone will step up and extend the About page with your text.
>
> Thanks

Btw, I forgot to say so - but that original text was modelled a bit
after looking at other popular similar language web sites (Python, Perl,
Ruby, Slate and one or two more).

But sure, we will see - no worries.

And oh, thanks for making the adjustments - always a joy to report small
things like this to you.
I will try to read more of the site and possibly get back with more
fixes.

Great work, keep it up!

regards, Göran