[Webteam] Website on IE - Please Help!

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Jan 19 19:02:20 UTC 2007

Ken G. Brown wrote:
> Well, running <www.squeak.org> through the validator at
> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.squeak.org> comes up with 16 errors. perhaps getting them out would be a start. I don't know if this is a good validator or not tho.

Most of those are from the feed. The other 3 are from the smallwiki
generation of html. I don't know why it's a problem though.

> IMHO, I don't believe catering to IE idiosyncrasies would be going down the right road.

But, it's common practice. I don't know how to fix it, unfortunately.
The problem, I think, stems from using "float". I've seen a couple of
websites showing how IE violates W3C for floats. But, I don't know why
the center box is rendered after the first left float. If float is the
problem, I would think it would be after the 2nd left floated box.

--
brad fuller
 http://www.Sonaural.com/