[Webteam] Re: [squeak-dev] Pier demo of squeak.org ready

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:36:30 UTC 2008

> OK. Setting the publication date of my entries solved the
>  problem. That seems like a big bug that entries don't show up
>  until you set a publication date.

No, that's a feature. I have many blog articles that I don't want to
get public right away. Sometimes there is content missing. Sometimes I
want to pass the link to someone to give an OK before publishing. It
also allows to automatically publish entries in the future.

>  - I kept getting logged out, and having to re-enter the password
>   whenever I used the navigation features "Browse" or "Link"

I fixed that problem already a few days ago, but didn't update the
squeak server yet. It should work now.

>  - I couldn't find a way to get back to the tutorial list from an
>   individual post. A post seems like a dead-end, link-wise. Pier
>   used to have some kind of navigation tree on the left side.
>   Where did that go?

Somebody changed the navigation tree, so that it does not display
posts. That can be changed back in the environment. Or we could add a
special tree that always shows everything when you are logged in as
admin. I do this on my web site not to have to show everything for
users.

>  - I don't see a way to list post-titles only, or make the post
>   title be a link to the tutorial.

Displaying a list of post titles can be simply implemented by
embedding a children component in the blog itself.

> I guess Blog is the wrong
>   abstraction for what I want to accomplish, although it is
>   close. I guess more of what I want is a ratable, tag-gable,
>   comment-able, searchable bookmark list, sorted by popularity,
>   and grouped by tags

Yes, probably. A blog is really a blog like you have for example on my
web-site. However what you want could be implemented on top (or
reusing parts) of the blog.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli