[Webteam] Time for decision about platform for website

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Aug 4 21:59:25 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

We set end of July for decision about technology for Squeak website. Ok,
we are not so late yet :)

We started the choosing the technology back in April, having then two
competing proposals, one Seaisde/Pier and other Aida/Scribo based.

Main goal was set to make a replica of current website and provide a
better spamless Contact Us page. That way proposals shown its technical
features and specially a community behind and its willingness for
long-term maintenance of the website.

Seaside/Pier proposal was later withdrawn by author so now only Aida/Web
proposal is still in game.

I'm opening now a discussion which should end in final decision and then
upgrade of the site. Please be constructive, realistic and polite. I'm
also stepping down temporary as team leader and discuss as proposer, to
avoid "conflict of interest" as much as possible.

Best regards
Janko
webteam leader