[Webteam] Suggestion for Squeak Website

Patrick Forkin forkinpm at gmx.net
Sun Jan 13 13:38:04 UTC 2008

Hallo!

My intent is to put together a platform which I will refer to as a
collaborative end-user platform directed at work culture and the
creation of work.
It is to be based on a personal knowledge management platform using
tools from a small group of software product owners, I have drawn together,
to create the platform.
I am about to publish a book in both German and English on German
Unemployment. Two sites also in German and English will carry the platform
and market both Book and Platform.
The platform is directed towards end users being able to create a
personal KM application as their "protection" against job-loss and to
increase
their value in today's competitive world.
The core of the platform is twofold:
1. How to create a data-model covering what one wants to research and
2. How to research and write in two languages, English and German.
There will be a number of additional modules and tools offered to
enhance the ability to create personal KM bases.
We are doing all possible in spite of the lack of usability of Microsoft
tools and environments to make the platform friendly and easy to use.
Within this environment we would like to offer Smalltalk and in
particular Squeak to the end-user community together with a set of
pre-programmend
and pre-tested applications which should serve to show "how to".
The applications I am most interested in for this excercise can be
described as Ai related, rules driven or in support of KM.
Any pre-programmed ability to import CSV files into Squeak, or HTML
files into Squeak would be more than welcome.
Is what I have said feasible and realistic?
Does it sound credible to you and do you believe that it is understandable?
If you can make any useful suggestions or direct our efforts to useful
learning material and sites, we would be grateful.

Thanks and regards, Patrick Forkin