[Webteam] www.squeak.org/Download still at 3.9?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Mar 13 21:00:47 UTC 2008

OK, well I guess I had forgotten that but please raise the issue once
more within the team and on Squeak-dev and this time give a specific
date that you will be stepping down.

I firmly believe that the Board must not take action unless no one else
can or will.  So yes in the end the Board may have to intervene, but
before that the community should be made well aware of the issue and
have an opportunity to take care of it as a community.  Not only is that
better for the community as a whole but it is also better for the Board
in that if in the end it takes it upon itself to search for a
replacement then the community can't complain that it was somehow left
out of the process.

Of course that does not mean that after you post to squeak-dev that one
or more Board members as individuals can't step forward and stress the
importance of the work of the website team and the need for it's
continuance, but they should do so as individuals, albeit as individuals
with a bit more influence than the average.

Ken