[Webteam] Investigating the effort it will take to get to Pier

Danie Roux lists+squeak at danieroux.com
Sun Mar 16 21:58:27 UTC 2008

Dear Webteam,

Has anyone here investigated/estimated the effort it would take to move to Pier?

I would like to do that investigation and put together some sort of action plan.

If I read the situation correctly, the biggest push for a technology
upgrade is twofold:

- Persistence right now is not ideal.
- We need an implementation of a CAPTCHA to stop spammers from
spamming via "Contact Us".

What did I miss? Some people suggested the look and feel should also
be considered during such an upgrade, but I don't think that is a
major driver.

If the Pier upgrade can be done successfully and smoothly, I would
want to do an integration to http://recaptcha.net/learnmore.html to
stop the spammers.

Next steps then:
- Has anyone looked at a Pier upgrade?
- Shall I just grab the current image, start playing with it test the
viability of an upgrade?

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix - http://danieroux.com