[Webteam] My proposed plan (was Just a hello for start)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Mar 17 16:26:51 UTC 2008

karl wrote:
> Janko Mivšek wrote:

>> I thought that this mailing list would be preferable to debate about
>> my recent proposal from squeak-dev mailing list. I'd really like to
>> hear your opinion about proposal and also critics, fears, suggestions,
>> everything.

> Just do it. The fear I have is that everything will just pass over like
> so much else. Momentum talks.

Yes, momentum is high just now in whole Aida community and there is
broad support, also in actual code contributions already, so I think
that this demo will be in few days a complete replica of current
website, with all functionality as is now, and therefore ready to switch.

Then I'm proposing to do in next steps:

1. solve spam problem on this mailing list ASAP to release you guys with
such mundane task as cleaning the spam. Well, this is really a waste of
time, which needs to go into a more productive task. I'd do that as you
already proposed - with a Captcha guarded form on Contact us page.

2. extending editing duties to people which are near to some content.
For instance: downloads section to the Release team. Editing is actually
very simple in Aida/Scribo because it is WYSIWYG, with easy image
upload, image galleries etc., so that other guys will be ready quickly
for that duty. I'll enable public access to editing on demo later today.

3. Recheck all content to see if it is up to date.

4. Start thinking about new design. This one is hardest and we must be
very careful how to start and proceed, to have some result better than
current. I'll propose to think about professional designer here.

5. Ensure long-term smooth maintenance of content to be fresh,
interesting, valid, to serve as:

  1. a nice looking face of Squeak and its community to outside world
  2. a central point of most important information to Squeak community

I hope that you'll find this plan interesting and I also call you for
additional proposals, or just comments and suggestions.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek