[Webteam] Re: My proposed plan (was Just a hello for start)

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Mon Mar 17 19:49:26 UTC 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM, karl <karl.ramberg at comhem.se> wrote:
>
>> Janko Mivšek wrote:
>>  > karl wrote:
>>  >> Janko Mivšek wrote:
>>

>>  > 3. Recheck all content to see if it is up to date.
>>
>>  Most stuff is kind of stale.
>>

> About a year or more ago, I proposed that we used the front page, or a
> section of the front page, to show current news items. I suggested
> that we do it programmatically to refresh news often since we can't
> spend our days placing new content as it becomes available. The goal
> is to keep it fresh so that people will have a reason to come back to
> the site and see what's new. That was not accepted 100% by the group,
> but we were able to place the News on the right side of the page, at
> least.

Yes, I like the news section on the front page, and I think it could be
more dominant.
Matthew Fulmer did a nice job updating the documentation page.

Here is a list of pages that need TLC:

- the front page could be updated
- download page could be organized and split up
- the whole Feature section is old
- the community pages are a bit verbose and old, teams are defunct mostly
- installation page is missing mac and linux stuff.
- screenshots are old
- projects page is stale

Karl