[Webteam] Link from squeak.org to squeakboard.wordpress.com

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:07:51 UTC 2009

2009/7/9 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Bernhard Pieber pravi:
>
>> I just did some minor changes to www.squeak.org <http://www.squeak.org>
>> mostly to try out editing in Aida/Web. E.g. I changed the wording from
>> the old Squeak Leadership Board to the new Squeak Oversight Board, and I
>> fixed a formatting on the Teams page.
>>
>> I wanted to do some improvements to the Teams page:
>
>> 1. The following comment seems out of date: (Craig is advising so many
>> simply because most of them don't have other volunteers from the
>> leadership team yet.)
>
> Ken, Igor, how is with this currently?
>
>> 2. The Squeak Oversight Board is missing from the teams list.
>
> I'd add it on the top of the table as link to board's page.
>
>> 3. Change the wording of leadership team to Squeak Oversight Board.
>
> Yep, this is urgent.
>
>> 4. Remove the following comment: This page was originally written by
>> Göran Krampe and later edited by Craig Latta. Please see the revision
>> history for the last edit date.
>> Then I saw the following: If you would like to edit this page, please
>> contact Craig <http://netjam.org/> to discuss it first. Then I lost
>> confidence to just do the changes. :-;
>
>> So, what do you say? May I?
>
> This is certainly something we need to get a consensus with the Board
> members. Igor, Ken, what do you think?
>
> I also think this comment can go now out of the teams page. Maybe we
> could rather add links to the older pages too track how the teams model
> progresses through the time?

Ken , recently, did a survey among teams and collected some bits of
information, which i think can be put on Teams page.
I proposed to change this page to be more informative, concerning
team's own visions and goals, not just a few words.
The reason for giving more information is to attract more developers.

For instance:
release 4
	Produce Squeak release 4 (cleanly MIT-licensed)

there is no any word, how people could participate, or help or get on board.

or:
vm 	Maintains the Squeak virtual machine.  http://www.squeakvm.org/

again, very brief and no any evidence, if there is help is needed, how
team organized, does it have any outstanding task(s)/goals which may
require some help/contribution etc etc.

Same for SOB - if you put a simple link - this is simplest way to draw
visitor's attention to somewhere else.
While our intent is on contrary - give visitor an enough material on a
single page, so he can see an overall image of community goals &
activities, up to the point that he could say to himself: hey, i'd
like to join this team - so i will click here and write a mail :)

> Janko

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.