[Webteam] Upgrade steps (was Re: How to log ...)

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Jun 18 20:02:55 UTC 2012

Hi Janko,

> In short, you make such upgrade in three steps: .............

Thanks, looks like a plan.

> What I don't know is how to export/import data in Squeak. With SIXX?

I usually use image segments but never tried between versions of Squeak.
I would try with a non Cog image and then convert the image to Cog by
once running it on Cog.

I'll give it a try.  See some code I use for fairly complex objects below.

...... Ok, writing did not work, it stumbled over an instance of
WebGridColumn even after I stopped the Webserver. But it wrote 1.3 MB
before it stopped.

I' ll continue by first garbage collecting until there are no more
subInstances of WebElement in the image like I do with my images and
then try again. That will be tomorrow 5:30 :-)), I have private business
now.

Cheers,

Herbert

writeTrainingsSamples
	| rr |
	rr := ReferenceStream fileNamed: 'trainingssamples.obj'.
	rr nextPut: TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien  trainingsSamples .
	rr close.
	rr := nil

readTrainingsSamples
	"read the class var TrainingsSamples from a file using ReferenceStreams "
	| rr |
	rr := ReferenceStream fileNamed: 'trainingssamples.obj'.
	TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien  trainingsSamples:  rr next.
	rr close.
	rr := nil