[Webteam] Re: Let's update squeak.org for the 4.5 release

Chris Cunnington websela at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 02:28:22 UTC 2014

On Mar 10, 2014, at 10:11 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you really think you're gonna be ready in 48 hours, sure, it might
> be nice to coincide with the release then.

I'll have things running to the best of my ability tomorrow. I don't see a problem. What remains (nginx and tinydns) isn't rocket science.
I'm not vying to be the new box team leader, but these two? I've got this.

> But, what do you mean by "it doesn't hold on to the changes?"

The Aida wiki interface will take what you put into its forms. You press save. Then you refresh the site.
You feel satisfied that it has updated, because you see your changes. Twenty minutes later they are gone.
Repeat. Check. Fine. Gone. Repeat, etc. I think the correct way to say it is that the current image is frozen in its persistence.
It doesn't want to persist anything new anymore.

Chris