[Webteam] Squeak.org Website | Relaunch

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jun 24 16:42:53 UTC 2015

On 24-06-2015, at 9:28 AM, Fabio Niephaus <fabio.niephaus at student.hpi.de> wrote:
> After several weeks of running our new website at http://newsite.squeak.org, we are planning to make it our official new web presence Monday next week. In perspective of the upcoming ECOOP and the co-located Pharo workshop, Monday will give us a few more days to address issues if any.

This is really good. Excellent work.

> Please let us know if there are further hints for improvement.

In the documentation section you point to a lot of useful books, but many of them are available online and it would be really nice to point to those versions too. You can harvest many links from
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2983 and
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/689

In particular the Blue Book is online along with many others at Stef’s site. Err, or they were. I get a French 404 when I try http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Books/Squeak/ but some poking around suggests
is now the place.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CRN: Compare to Random Number