[Newbies] indenting code

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Dec 13 06:59:40 UTC 2006

Hello Norbert,

NH> I'm asking myself if there is any common sense about
NH> how to indent the code in smalltalk/squeak.

there also must be some common sense about it but in my case lazyness
rules.

I type without thinking about indentation and let the pretty printer
take care that every method is formatted the same.
(context menu in the code pane, more, pretty print, *after* accepting
changes)

Sometimes I don't like the output but I dislike even more to do it
manually or to change the pretty printer. What I do manually is insert
blank lines between code phrases. This more in Lisp than in Squeak.

I believe that a consistent look is more important than an optimal
look.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net