[Newbies] Reporting bugs on Mantis (was Bugging out of Squeak)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Nov 15 18:37:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 18:53 +0100, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
> Hi Ken,

Hi! :)

> NP, will forward to the beginners list (hrm, how goes that saying:
> everybody can do this, isn't it so :)
>
> > Also, do you really expect anyone to keep up with this?
>
> Well, if I only could have just a simple reaction on every direct question
> to you, that would be great ;-)

Feel free to point out when any future responses from me are less clear.

> -----------
>
> You should know by now that I put all the bugs which I *myself* find
> [reproducable] onto mantis.

Absolutely, and I applaud your contributions, you are certainly one of
the more active mantis report/fix contributors lately.

> But I have no intention to do that for other people's findings.

And that's fine.  In fact I guess the main point of my previous reply
was that all of us should avoid presuming someone else has the time to
do something, and that goes for you as well.

> /Klaus
>
> Beginners, please read Ken's response below on how to add a bug report,
> then add a bug report, thank you.

Repeating URL:

http://bugs.impara.de/

There is an intro document on reporting issues under the project
documentation.  Right now even though it is an HTML file it offers to
save it rather than simply show it like it has in the past.  I've asked
for some assistance on this and maybe everyone can manage for the time
being.

Ken