[Newbies] Video question

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 17 12:58:54 UTC 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 5:57 , Andrew Burton wrote:

> Is there a "standard" format for video in the Squeak community?  I
> noticed that most of the Croquet videos were in Quicktime format,
> and I wasn't sure if that carried over to here as well.
>
> I ask, because I put together a small video about building a simple
> calculator in Squeak, but it's in the WMV format.  Is that
> acceptable? Thanks.
>
> Also, if anyone's interested, here's the video: http://profnano.org/
> code/squeak/Squeak_SimpleCalc.wmv

Works for me on a Mac, but only because I installed Flip4Mac. I
assume it will work on Win, don't know about Linux.

Generally we prefer something that can be played on Mac and Unix and
Windows, if possible without any additional software. I think only
MPEG fits that, and it even can be played back by Squeak. Flash
movies work pretty well across platforms, too, that's what Google
Video or YouTube use.

- Bert -