[Newbies] general questions about squeak

Esteban Robles Luna esteban.roblesluna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:32:56 UTC 2006

Hi,
I`m new in squeak, but not in smalltalk. I have some questions about
the environment of squeak that will help me to understand it.
- Firstly, I would like to know how the startup process of squeak is,
as detailed as possible.
- Second, MVC projects are just wrapped from morphic?. Later I will
explain why I want to know this.
- Third, who is responsible of opening the main window and if it`s
possible to open other windows without using wxWidgets or something
like that. Is it hardcoded in the vm or elsewhere?
Why I`m asking these questions?
Because I`m interested in using squeak as an alternative for small
commercial projects. I want to know if it`s viable of developing an
MVC with at least one look and feel and a little core of widgets.
I have a look at BobsUI but it`s build on Morphic.
Regards
Esteban