[Newbies] Smalltalk on OLPC (was Re: Morph Window -> Class?)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Apr 8 17:30:55 UTC 2007

Agreed. But, as I wrote before:

> However, it would be a waste to completely hide the power of
> Smalltalk. We want to hide it a little bit so as to not confuse
> beginners, but it should be possible. There are problems however -
> etoys projects are not ideal for dealing with source code for one.
> So ideas and contributions are appreciated.

So everybody interested in making the "Smalltalk experience" on the
OLPC machine an enjoyable one, please help. The VPRI group focuses on
etoys and system integration, but you are invited to contribute. And,
in case this has not been clear, you do *not* need an OLPC prototype
to run this. It's Squeak, after all.

- Bert -