[Newbies] deploying Squeak applications

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:26:26 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

On 8/13/07, Mark Volkmann <mark at ociweb.com> wrote:
> How are Squeak applications typically deployed to users?

I'd package the image and changes file, maybe along with the VM, and ship those.

> Is there a way to
> create an image that runs a given method when double-clicked?

You can add a class to the startup list:
SystemDictionary>>#addToStartUpList: will do that. The class is
required to understand the #startUp: message, which will be sent to it
when the image is loaded and started. #startUp: accepts a Boolean
telling it whether the image is resuming (newly started).

> Is there a way
> to reduce an image to contain only the classes used from a given starting
> class?

That one, I cannot answer.

Best,

Michael