[Newbies] How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Aug 30 09:11:03 UTC 2007

El 8/30/07 4:56 AM, "Ravi Mohan" <magesmail at yahoo.com> escribió:

> Hi,
> Is there any way I can get a morphicless(or close to
> it) Squeak on Unix without porting the VM myself?
>
> I can't find any documentation or  *comprehensive*
> tutorials for Morphic and  all the smalltalk books I
> have deal with MVC.
>
> So couldn't I just open an MVC project and work there?
> I tried. There's a bug that causes squeak to freeze in
> an MNC project (see
> http://bugs.squeak.org/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5320
> -apparently logged some time ago and there doesn't
> seem to be  a fix).
>
> If I could find a squeak version (an old one would be
> fine) that ran MVC perfectly, that would be awesome. I
> tried getting one form teh squeak site but the older
> ones are all windows excutables.
>  Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Ravi
>
> PS:  I really don't want to use Mrphic. It feels very
> incomplete to me and is not well documented.

The Squeak3.7-5989MVCK.4.image is MVC , could understand png,jpg,gif and
.mp3 and come with classical Ward Cunningham game for only 2.3 mb.

Have many enh of Boris Gaertner.

Only for today you could download from
ftp://elpelotero:elpelotero@200.3.221.198/Public/Squeak3.7-5989MVC.4.zip

You must get the appropriate VM.

But you should try Morphic , as no MVC images are used on Squeak world this
days.

Morphic is easy, on IRC many people could help you.

Edgar