[Newbies] How to install packages? Scamper chicken and egg problem

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Dec 31 13:44:10 UTC 2007

Hi John,
The fastes and and always workable steps to install Squeak packages are:

1. left click on Squeak desktop to get a popu menu and choose Open...
2. Choose SqueakMap Package Browser
3. Say Yes to "The map on this is more than 10 days old.", if this arise
4. Choose you package and click on arow to get its versions
5. Choose a version and right click to get popup
6. Choose Install

So, from your description you missed the 5th and 6th step. I hope this
will now help you install without problems.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web