[Newbies] Tweak questions

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 1 09:34:15 UTC 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 5:19 , Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> On 2007 January 31 15:04, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> Yes, that's the plan at least for Croquet. The main hold-back for
>> this is that the Tweak development tools are not yet up to par with
>> the Morphic ones. We do have browsers etc., implemented by Marcus
>> Denker a long while ago, but it is pretty basic comfort-wise.
>> ToolBuilder was written by Andreas to leverage the existing tools,
>> and it works in principle (like, Monticello supports ToolBuilder so
>> it works under Tweak, too). ToolBuilder is actually pretty cool
>> because you could build your app once and then run it under Morphic,
>> or Tweak, or with native widget (wxSqueak), or over the web with a
>> Seaside UI.
>
> Hi Bert,
>
> Do you know if there is a sample application I can load, that runs
> as a
> Seaside app and also in Morphic or Tweak? (and would it be that simply
> Morphic), it
> will automatically work just by virtue of being written using the
> Pluggable*
> widgets... I guess if the answer is yes I should be able to test it
> with
> Monticello)

I don't think there is a Seaside ToolBuilder yet. In 3.9, you have
builders for Morphic and MVC. Plus there is the one Tweak.

Also, you must not reference the Pluggable*Spec classes directly, but
always go through the ToolBuilder messages. Just have a look at the
senders of pluggableWindowSpec to get a feel for how to use ToolBuilder.

- Bert -