[Newbies] Re: Rome (Cairo) installation problems

Sebastian Nozzi sebnozzi at gmx.net
Tue Jan 30 11:49:35 UTC 2007

Hello Bert, hello all,

with the information you provided (trank you again) I wanted to see if I really could run Rome in normal Squeak.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to do so. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what. Squeak is being unable to find or load the plugin, while Croquet does.

Here is exactly what I do to reproduce this:

I download Sophie alpha 122201 from location:

http://dev.sophieproject.org/downloads/releases/Sophie06122201.zip

And download Squeak for Windows from location:

http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/win/Squeak3.9-win32.zip

Unpack them both, and copy all .DLL files from Sophie to Squeak (directory where Squeak.exe is). I overwrite SqueakFFIPrims.dll

I open Squeak, open Monticello browser, and add the repository:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Rome'
    user: ''
    password: ''

I load following packages in this order:

  Name: Rome-Base-JMM.17