[Newbies] Re: Squeak - for a different Summer of Code!

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sun Mar 18 20:44:13 UTC 2007

Il giorno ven, 16/03/2007 alle 11.49 -0500, Offray Vladimir Luna
Cárdenas ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie on Squeak and I have been using only eToys and BotsInc
> environment for teaching introductory courses on Informatics. But I
> think that would be nice a project which combines content creation for
> the OLPC image of Squeak with the creation/adaptation of tools for
> making that content more easy for authoring and localization to multiple
> languages. This would be a project not centered on code but is going
> from content to code and from software to "humanware" (part of the
> project is using the OLPC image to create content with children of
> schools). Do you think that there is a place for such proposal in SOC
> (Google is a sponsor of OLPC project). ¿Some one would be willing to
> mentor it?

Hi Offray,

the idea is good, but I don't know if it suits the purpose of Summer of
Code, which is to produce working code.

Aside from that, I haven't understood if you'd like to do this, and
you're looking for someone to mentor you, of if you're just proposing
the idea to see if someone wants to go with it.

	Giovanni