[Newbies] how do I get Seaside up on my Squeak?

Prashanth Hebbar hebbarp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:15:56 UTC 2007

Hi Alistair:

I tried Lukas' instructions and got the Seaside running ( on Windows XP). I
used the web version of the 3.10 beta image available here:
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-web/

Download this image into the same directory where you have Squeak 3.9.exe.
Either by double-clicking the web-image or dropping it on the exe, you will
get it running. The indication that you got the right version is that the
Squeak desktop will have a welcome window with documentation and a
Preference Browser opened. You can close these and pull out a workspace. Now
execute WAKom startOn: 8080 as per Lukas' instructions and proceed.

Hope this helps. By the way, this was my first posting on this mailing list.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Prashanth Hebbar