[Newbies] Common/Best Practices on (Collaborative) Version Control

Matthias Korn matthias.korn at uni-siegen.de
Wed Aug 27 10:37:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

we are a small group of people working together on a project in Squeak.

Now, I was wondering what the most common workflow for supporting
collaborative work in the Squeak environment is.
Like normally you would have a central SVN repository where everyone
could check their stuff in and than update and merge new stuff with
their own local repository...

As far as I understand, Monticello does all the versioning and packaging
stuff. But I currently do not see the collaborative part in that
(without sending mcz-files via eMail). Also, we do not want to publish
our project (like on SqueakSource) at this point in time. We are looking
for an internal solution.

What is generally the most common workflow to do that in Squeak?

Thanks,
Matthias