[Newbies] Morphic Layout

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Nov 4 07:07:19 UTC 2008

Hello Michael,

GM> I've done some poking around with TableLayout, and I'm
GM> starting to get a feel for how it works. One that I haven't
GM> puzzled out is how to make a morph (I'm using a TextMorph inside a
GM> BorderedMorph) expand and contract as its containing morph (in my
GM> case, another BorderedMorph) is resized.  Any advice on this would
GM> be appreciated.

the inner Morph must have its childLayout horizontalResizing set to
#spaceFill. same with verticalResizing.

I never know this when I need it, so I take a rectangle and an
EllipseMorph from the object catalog, put the ellipse inside the
rectangle (red halo, embed into) and then I play with both Morphs
layout options.

Don't forget to pin both Morphs Menus to the screen.

--
Cheers,

Herbert