[Newbies] Morphic Layout

Gauland, Michael Michael.Gauland at airways.co.nz
Wed Oct 29 20:32:03 UTC 2008

Can anyone help me learn the 'modern' way of laying out morphs? I'm
trying to create a stack-based ('RPN') calculate in Squeak (more as a
way of learning the language and environment than because the world
needs another calculator). I've been digging through 'Squeak: Open
Personal Computing and Multimedia", which is a bit dated. The section on
Morphic recommends using 'AlignmentMorph', but the comments for this
class (in Squeak 3.10) suggest it is no longer needed.

So, what is the best way to layout a set of morphs? At least for now,
all I need is a grid of buttons, that will look sensible when the parent
calculator morph is resized.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential. If
you receive it in error: (i) you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
it; (ii) please contact the sender immediately by reply email and then
delete the emails. Views expressed in this email may not be those of the
Airways Corporation of New Zealand Limited