[Newbies] Re: Smalltalk Data Structures and Algorithms

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 03:27:46 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 Jul 2009 6:48:30 pm David Mitchell wrote:
> I think K.K. is referring to the writings of Alan Kay, who is pretty
> authoritative when it comes to Smalltalk. In his paper, The Early
> History of Smalltalk, published by the ACM in History of Programming
> Languages II (1993).
Thanks, David. Yes, that is the reference. In the 60s, there were many ideas
floating around for an electronic computer that would 'augment human
intellect'. Alan's idea was quite radical for its time. The dominant idea was
that of Von Neumann. Tansel had a nice article written in his Squeak e-zines.

Subbu