[Newbies] Network Game - Server Client Approach

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Sat Jun 6 10:40:02 UTC 2009

Am 05.06.2009 um 21:26 schrieb Martin Bleichner:

> Hi Markus,
>
> when I try out the example i get.
> MessageNotUnderstood: MIMEDocument >>upToEnd
> the example should run through, shouldn't it?
> Martin

right, also examples should be tested first... ;-)

Ok, with the following (replace upToEnd with contents and omit the
closing of the (non)stream:

    examplePostArgs
	| args result resultStream |
	args := Dictionary new.
	args at: 'arg1' put: #('val1' );
		 at: 'arg2' put: #('val2' );
		 yourself.
	resultStream := HTTPClient httpPostDocument: 'http://www.squeaklet.com/cgi-bin/thrd.pl'
  args: args.
	result := resultStream contents.
	Transcript show: result;
		 cr;
		 cr

it kind of works. Modulo that squeaklet.com is not there anymore so
you don't get any specific answers.
If I were you I'd probably go for the udp solution mentioned by others.

It would be great though to have some kind of Etoyish solution for
your problem (think lightweight open croquet for etoys) with udp or
osc or anything under the hood) so this is a very interesting question!

Cheers

Markus