[Newbies] MVC programs don't work in Squeak 4.1

Squeak List squeaklist at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 09:09:10 UTC 2010

hello,

just felt like adding this to the mix: for some reason, it seems that is not mentioned very often (or i missed it in the quantity of emails...):

http://www.exept.de/en/products/smalltalk-x/stx-overview

not exactly squeak 3.8, or GNU, or Dolphin... but it has kinda kept up with many flavors of ST: and at no charge... free version of environment also available... check it out: mainly because you did not mention it.

just something that "may" be helpful... or not... just a suggestion...

possibly interesting.... definitely not GNU... or Dolphin.. or VW, or Squeak, or... : but VERY INTERESTING IMO... something to check out possibly...

it seems that no-one (SQUEAKSIDE) ever gives a definitive reply as far as the whole STX "thing"... heck, this is a SQUEAKLIST after all:  which is fine, but there are many interesting things happening there also - at least last i checked...

and i do not work for them, or have any connection to them beyond finding interesting ways they include things in their "VERSION" of ST that include ST ideas from "several" ST dialects...

there are other places to learn/experiment/ask questions... :)

yet, this list, and squeak in general is absolutely awesome.... i get most (ST RELATED) suggestions/direct answers from the folks HERE. this place is incredible!!!

yet, i have found the STX environment and "support" to be very cool also...

just a trivial suggestion :)

keep on  Squeakin!!! (the well is rather deep here...)

ken