[Newbies] I don't get it

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Tue Jun 21 14:27:32 UTC 2011

Hi Erlis,

Class based language is very difficult for some people to grasp.  I've
trained a number of programmers.  There is this AH moment when people get
it.  Before that the idea is just so foreign to them that they have a
difficult time grasping what is going on.  I would often get the question,
"but where do I put the code".  The answer is everywhere.  Thinking in terms
of objects and programming their behavior makes sense.  People get that.
Make a Robot and teach it how to walk.  If I tell the robot to walk she
does.  Ok great.  Now I have all these objects that do stuff where do I put
the code?  This is where people stumble.  In my opinion the leap to
understanding is very short.  The answer is simple.  (Answer: It depends on
how you want to interact with the user).

I do not believe that anything is screwed up.  It is just a conceptual model
that requires AH!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Immersive Collaboration Expert