[Newbies] FFI in Cuis

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Sep 10 15:43:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Overcomer Man wrote:

>> You should use the http://source.squeak.org/FFI Monticello repository to
> load FFI. Load FFI-Pools first, then FFI-Kernel. Optionally you can load
> the platform code for your OS (FFI-Win32 if you're using windows) and the
> tests (FFI-Tests). If you don't want to bother with doing this manually,
> then you can use SqueakMap or there's the "Extending te system" item in
> the docking bar's Help menu. The second code snippet loads FFI.
>>
>> Levente
>
> It worked, thanks!  I backtracked on the releases until I found one that
> would compile for each group.
> FFI-Pool3, FFI-Kernal22, FFI-Win8, FFI-Test4  I also tried
> FFI-Examples-Win32 after removing the Mac and X11 classes but it failed.
> The working code compiled the example method getFocus.

There's no guarantee that mixing various versions of these packages will
result in a fully working FFI. If you can't load FFI-Kernel-eem.24 into
Cuis, then it's pretty likely that something is missing from Cuis'
compiler. I'd suggest you to ask Juan about it.

Also loading from .st files is not the same as loading with Monticello.
Monticello orders the methods in a given way before loading them. It
also sends #initialize to classes which implement them, etc.

Levente