[Newbies] perform withArguments

OrgmiGeek cool.origami.1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:58:47 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've read the sparse documentation on 'dynamic message' calls and I've
experimented a lot and still cannot figure out how to do something that
should be simple:

I want to build a message like this:

                       cellObject cellLock: aBoolean

where cellObject is to look like: cell1, cell2, cell3 ..., or cell9

I can build up cellObject like this:

                        self perform: ('cell', cellNumber asString) asSymbol

but I can't figure out how to build the full message with the key selector
"cellLock:", and the value 'aBoolean'.
I've tried everything I can think of based on the terse documentation, and
anything I can find on the internet, which isn't much (including this
forum).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-----
---
Under the age of 15 so don't want to post my name :D