[Newbies] Possible to read in postscript file?

Open Slate openslateproj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 22:22:07 UTC 2013

 I am thinking about converting an application I wrote from tcl/tk to
Squeak. The app must allow the user to enter and edit formatted text -- a
TextMorph works fine for this. In the tcl/tk version I save each entry to
an individual file, marked up with formatting commands I created. The tk
text widget handles formatted text, it just doesn't include methods for
dumping and restoring the format tags. A Squeak TextMorph can save itself
to a postscript file. Can it read one of these files and recreate the
marked-up text?

On a bigger picture, not sure if I should follow this model or just save
everything in the image. Disk space is disk space either way. If the tool
is set up in its own project space it is relatively easy to file out,
right? And back, say for back-up purposes? Thoughts?

--
Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project