[Newbies] Squeak Learn Programing with Robots

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 3 18:47:17 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 03:48:25PM -0500, Robert Kuropkat wrote:
> Is there an updated Ready.image file (the one that goes with the book)
> that works with the latest Squeak?  I'm looking to teach a class and
> wanted to use this book, but at first blush, the image does not seem to
> work with Squeak 5.2 (on Linux at least).

Hi Robert,

I do not remember anyone mentioning an update to the image, so I suspect
that the original image that came with the book would be the one to use.

The most recent VMs for Squeak will probably not run an image from that
era, but if you are using Linux for the class, it will not be difficult
to provide a compatible VM.

If the Ready.image is available for download, could you please give a
link to the download site? I would be happy to take a look at it and
suggest a suitable VM for running that image.

Dave