[Newbies] Aida 6.8 on Squeak 4.6

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Dec 15 19:46:26 UTC 2020

Hi David,

I ran Aida6.4.final.1 on Squeak 4.3 'production like' which means
deployed on a public server with few visits. But it crashed around once
a month. So if you just want something stable to learn about Aida I
suggest that version. Sport 2.031 Swazoo-2.3final.2 were the other
versions. After that I stopped following Aida but forgot the reasons
why. I'm still subscribed to the Aida list but saw no message in years.
Aidaweb.si even has an Entry from 2020, it was super quiet around 2014
when I made my last changes to my own code.

It could run 10 Selenium based test clients in parallel until Squeak
used 100% CPU on a cheap virtual server. Which was much more than
Seaside could handle at that time. (Or I cold handle with Seaside :-)

Cheers,

Herbert