[Box-Admins] making Cog available via squeak.org

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 18:55:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

    the Cog VM release is now ready to be made available.  The only
remaining steps are to set-up an accessible web page or ftp directory, move
the relevant files there and then announce to the community.  I have the
files and the announcement in hand but don't have a web page and/or ftp
directory.  Andreas, Greg Nuyens (Teleplace CEO) and I have agreed that
somewhere on squeak.org would be good.  If that's ok with y'all can we
arrange this step quite soon?  I'm happy to use an ftp directory on
ftp.squeak.org as its the lowest effort, but I'm not aware of a guest login.
 I tried to login yesterday using guest, my Monticello credentials etc but
couldn't get access.  Is ftp.squeak.org generally accessible or should we
set-up a web page?  If a web page, what collateral would you need (an HTML
file, etc)?

hot to trot
Eliot