[Box-Admins] Aida/SqueakSite in Squeak 4.3

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 03:00:03 UTC 2012

Aida, Swazoo2, and Scribo load into 4.3 well enough with several
ConfigurationOfXXXs. Starting it with "SwazooAida demoStart" produces a
site at localhost:8888. From there if you start to explore the demo
"self halt" exceptions appear.

I tried to load our site, squeak.org, SqueakSite-janko.18.mcz, and it
says that "WebComponent" is required to proceed. I imagine in the
three-and-a-half years since a new version was uploaded (Halloween 2008)
Aida and Scribo have moved on a bit.

In short, to get our homepage running on a current version of Aida and
Scriboo in Squeak 4.3 would take some fitting, but nothing much. It's a
great site, so it's well worth it.

Chris