[Box-Admins] box4

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Nov 27 16:58:40 UTC 2012

On 11/27/2012 06:30 AM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> This is Ken's assessment of the box situation appended below. I figure
> I'll ask Brad/SFC for one more VPS, one more box, which we'll call box4.
> We'll leave box3 as it is and get the balance of what we need with one
> final request. I'll submit the request to the SFC Wednesday afternoon.
> If these specs for box4 cannot fulfill our needs, now would be the time
> to say what we actually need.
>
> box4:
>
> 1 CPU
> 1024 MB RAM
> 100GB Disk space
> 10Mbps bandwidth
> AMD64 Debian
>
> Chris

What I said below is still my opinion and what I believe we DO actually
need.  With any less I can't be confident that we could replicate all
existing services.  It would be really problematic to move 75% or more
to a new box and then have stuff left on the Hetzner box and have to
wait on and be uncertain of the availability of another server.  I
really see no reason not to go ahead and make the request as is.

Ken