[Box-Admins] Server needed for squeaksource hosting [caracciolo@iam.unibe.ch: Re: squeaksource.com transition to new server]

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Aug 24 01:50:08 UTC 2013

We now have access to a complete snapshot copy of SqueakSource. I am
in the process of retrieving the files to my personal PC (not yet complete,
I'm still trying to get a clean copy of one large 15GB file), and I will
now need a place to put them on squeak.org.

I need some help to proceed. We need a server with 20 to 30 GB of file space
available for the SqueakSource files, and with memory and CPU resources
similar to whatever we are currently doing for source.squeak.org.

Can someone help, either by giving me access to an existing server, or by
letting me know what is available? I will need a user account (lewis) similar
to my current account on build.squeak.org, and I will need sudo privilege
to set up an account for squeaksource and to set up the runtime environment.

In addition it would be helpful if I could get enough access to the
source.squeak.org server so that I can look at it and figure out how that
server is configured. Even better would be if the source.squeak.org
server has enough capacity (mainly disk space) to also host squeaksource,
in which case we can put both of them on the same server.

I would like to do this as soon as possible (tomorrow perhaps?) so any
assistance and pointers will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Dave

----- Forwarded message from Andrea Caracciolo <caracciolo at iam.unibe.ch> -----