[Box-Admins] Re: The squeaksource.com SqueakSource image is now controlled by supervise(8)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 25 00:53:06 UTC 2013

Just a note to to follow up - the squeaksource.com image has been running for
10 days since I sent the note below. Earlier today, the image noticed that it
had accumulated too many open file descriptors, so it shut itself down to await
a restart by supervise. This worked as expected with no manual intervention.

I think we can generally expect that the image will restart itself a couple of
times per month in order to clean up excess file descriptors. From the point of
view of squeaksource users this is unlikely to have any noticable impact, and
no special monitoring or intervention is required from the box-admins,

Given that the image is running under the control of supervise, I expect that
it will start normally following any reboot of box3. However, this has not
been tested.

Dave