[Box-Admins] RE: [squeak-dev] http://build.squeak.org/ down?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:37:27 UTC 2014

On 18 October 2014 21:41, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 04:03:43PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:

>> > +1
>> >
>> > I restarted Jenkins so the build.squeak.org site will be active, but we really
>> > need to clean this up.
>> >
>> > Frank, do you agree with Levente's suggestion to disable projects until the
>> > issue is resolved?
>>
>> I'm not in a position to do much about things until week after next:
>> personal emergency. Do whatever you think is appropriate to mitigate
>> the problem.
>
> All the best to you Frank, I will try to keep a closer eye on it while
> you are away.

Thanks very much, David.

> For now I have just disabled the ExternalPackages project. I had to kill
> a bunch of disconnected Squeak VMs and restart Jenkins, but I noticed that
> all of those VMs appeared to be associated with the ExternalPackages
> workspace. I'll keep all the others enabled for now, and see if the problem
> comes back.

Oh, that's interesting! Only ExternalPackages, and not any of the
ExternalPackage-Foo builds like ExternalPackage-Xtream,
ExternalPackage-Control?

ExternalPackages tests way too much, and takes way too long, and I'd
planned on eventually replacing it completely with the
ExternalPackage-Foo builds. (Not sure yet how to do that across Squeak
versions...)

frank