[Box-Admins] Re: source.squeak.org is ready to switch

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Oct 20 06:31:36 UTC 2016

On 20.10.2016, at 07:44, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Levente and Tobias, source.squeak.org is finally ready to make the switch to the andreas box at Rackspace.  I've imported the new data.obj as of a couple of days ago, and watched it running.  Everything is fine, let's pull the trigger!
>
> I suggest we:
>
> 1) notify the community of outage.
> 2) stop source.squeak.org on box4.
> 3) run one last rsync from
>     box4:/srv/box2/home/sqeueaksource/ss
> to:
>      andreas:/srv/sourcesqueakorg/box4/squeaksource/webserver/ss

Would it be possible to move the webserver dir directly under /srv/sourcesqueakorg as
	/srv/sourcesqueakorg/service
?

I also noticed, that the run-script cd's into the /srv/sourcesqueakorg/box4/squeaksource/webserver/
directory. Is that necessary? Daemontools seems to cd into the service dir already:
"supervise switches to the directory [...] and starts ./run. "

>      *Important:  Please do not rsync above this directory!
>
> 4) bounce the server on andreas.  (sudo svc -k /service/squeaksource).
> 5) Wait a few minutes.  Make sure all is well.  I can help with this.

Go forth :)

> 6) Tobias or Levente switch the DNS + whatever else is needed.

I'll prepare the webserver.

> 7) Notify community, back up.
>
> I suggest we do it ASAP.  Please let me know your thoughts.
>
>  - Chris
Best regards
	-Tobias