[Cryptography Team] Debugging SSL on Linux

Robert Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 20:27:26 UTC 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> What do you think?  Does changing 160 to
> ANS1ExplicitContextValueConstructed fix things?  I suppose that we
> could also, if it makes sense, extend the ECV functionality to
> include handling multiple values if bit 6 = 1 and eliminate some
> duplication of code (i.e. isPrimitive, but does isPrimitive make
> sense for ECVC?)

I am trying to find out the intersection of Explicit/Implicit and
Primitive/Constructed.  I think what I am learning is that the
Primitive/Constructed is represented in the tag of a Triplet, but the
Explicit/Implicit is a property of the Type Module defining user
types.  We don't have any representation of that, since we are
wrapping it all in an ASN1ExplicitContextValue.

I am still wrapping both Primitive and Constructed, but I took you
advice and allowed Constructed types to have more than one value -
i.e. an Implicit Sequence

We really need to do what you were working on it seems with your
ASN1DefinitionModel.  We need to be able to provide the Type
definition to the parser, which is just the #fromAsnDer: method, and
allow the BER to be mapped to user classes.  Big job.

Rob