[Elections] Election Team Kickoff

Daniel Vainsencher daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 04:57:53 CET 2005

I agree that the current organization is ill advised. I agree the Debian
constitution is a good one, but I don't think its values are generally
accepted by the Squeak community. So I think importing it wholesale will
  not work.

A constitution is good, elections are good, and a minimum requirement
for making either legitimate (and even for the task we were "assigned"
to - choosing candidates for coordinators) is a voting mechanism. I
think Condorcet as implemented by Debian is a good mechanism, and as a
"who gets to vote" we can use the web of trust provided by SqP.

I propose that getting this voting mechanism implemented be the first
goal of this forum.

What do you guys think?

If we agree on this, I volunteer to guide (give initial specs and
feedback) whoever is willing to implement it.

Unless someone objects to the above, I propose that this be the first
thing this team does. Does someone here want to do the development? if
not, I propose we go back to the list and ask for volunteers.

Daniel