[Elections] Election Team Kickoff

Brent Vukmer brent.vukmer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:08:47 CET 2005

Welcome everybody!

The Election Team is currently:
Benjamin Pollack
Lex Spoon
Masashi Umewaza
Daniel Vainsencher

I have a few other folks I've asked to join the team, but I think it's time
to kick off team activities.  So, let's start figuring out how new
guides/coordinators should be chosen.

In the short term, that means figuring out how this team should choose
candidates.  If one of the current coordinators stepped down in January, how
do you think we should go about building a list of candidates, and choosing
one?  Keep in mind that the existing coordinators want to approve the
candidate we choose.

Longer term, we need to come up with a means for the community to choose
candidates.  I'd like to hear your thoughts about what we might use from the
Debian and Apache governance methods.

Thanks,
Brent