[Elections] Re: Can you run another single person election for us?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Fri Aug 18 22:28:30 UTC 2006

Hi dear Tim, board and elections team.

Repeating the election process is certainly possible, we always intended
to do so when the time comes to replace the board. However it is not
obvious to me that running an election whenever someone decides to quit
is a good idea - these things have overhead on the people running it,
and on the community in general. We need a policy for this, and I
personally tend towards "reelect the whole board when the time comes, or
some low threshold is passed (say, after 4 quits), whichever is first".

What do you think?

BTW, another relevant question of policy - when does the current board
expire? I seem to recall something about a year, but I haven't yet found
this documented anywhere. I think the board should decide these things
and publish them.

Daniel