[Elections] Now it is febrary

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Feb 10 12:19:43 CET 2006

Hi folks!

"Peter Crowther" <Peter at ozzard.org> wrote:
> > From: [...] Brent Vukmer
> > 2/10 - 2/13 -> Folks can sign up for SqP / seek certification as
> apprentice; stakeholders can build list of voters
> > 2/14 -> List of voters is created per Peter's proposal, CIVS election
> is created
> > 2/15 -> voting period starts
> > 2/16 -> Voting period ends
> > I know this doesn't give folks a ton of time.  Does this sound doable?
>
> Honestly?
>
> No.  In my opinion, it's now too late to run to the original timescale,
> but an extra week would probably [barely] suffice.
[SNIP of good arguments]

> All just my opinions.  I'd propose the following alternative:
>
> 2/10-end 2/17 UTC sign up and awareness raising
> 2/18-end 2/19 UTC interim
> 2/20-end 2/23 UTC vote (this extends the original proposal by exactly a
> week)
>
> Note the timezone specification.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> 		- Peter

My *personal* opinion (not speaking for current board) is that I am fine
with this *if you clearly explain that this delay is not the fault of
the current board*. To me that is very important.

But apart from that detail (which might only be important for me
personally, I don't know) it all sounds fine to me.

regards, Göran